Wednesday 9 January 2013

Happy New Year


Happy New Year my blog friends!
I know what you are thinking, blog friends? Don't call us your friends, you haven't spoken to us in months. I know and I am sorry. So if any of you are still reading this I thank-you for your patience. I know I somewhat neglected the Blog at the end of last year, but to be honest, I didn't really have much to say (depressing I know).
But it is 2013 and I am back with you.



2012 was a funny year. Some of it was really good, like Craig and I getting our first home together and some of it was really bad, gangrenous appendix anyone?
However, looking back on the year, I think I learned alot. I moved out for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I love living with the lovely Craig, but moving out is scary and, for me, involved alot of tears. You see, I loved living with my mum and at first, with Craig working most of the time, I found the move quite tough. When Craig was in the flat I loved it. But then there were long weeks and weekends where I was by myself and to be honest, it was lonely. I think anything is an adjustment though and very quickly I got used to our new routine, and I loved knowing we would go to bed together every night and wake up together every morning. Not to mention the fact that I am blessed to be surrounded by all of my amazing friends, so once I got used to it I realised that actually I wasn't lonely at all.


But then, as I got used to things Craig got a new job. Did I tell you about that? No, sorry let me say that again CRAIG GOT A NEW (Monday to Friday working normal hours) JOB! And for the first time in our five (ish) year relationship we have heaps of time off together and I love it!
Don't get me wrong it has takes some adjustment. I no longer just improvise dinner every night cooking for one (poached egg on toast anyone) instead Craig and I cook together (or rather I cook and Craig comes and tells me how to do it better and I threaten to kill him).

 I have had to try and find that balance between seeing my boyfriend and my friends, trust me this can be very tricky. You see, I love them all and wish I could be with them all the time, but that's not possible  So I have had to learn to say no some times. This has been a learning curve, But three months in to Craig working "normal" hours it's going really well and I am very happy. So, I love that we got our first home and I cannot believe we will have been in it for a year at the start of March. The time has flown by. Now, if anyone would like to bring us a new kitchen I would greatly appreciate it.


Then, there was my appendix. I know I have mentioned this to you all before and it is now six months ago since I lost the little bugger but looking back, I think the experience has taught me a few things. Most of all it taught me that sometimes it is ok to not be ok. I was so focused on getting better so i could get back to work etc, that i think i didn't let myself fully recover and as a result I made things worse. I didn't feel myself for months afterwards and I think alot of that is because I felt guilty about being ill and felt I had to get better so I wasn't such a worry to everyone. This is a mistake I will not be making again. It also showed me how fortunate I am in my friends and family- they were all brilliant and took such good care of me. You know who you are, thank-you so much for everything. You guys are the best.

Last year also brought the arrival of the fabulous James, and what an amazing wee guy he is. Seeing the first of my friends have a baby has really filled me with pride and love. And with another of my friends expecting later this year it's just set to get better, I cant wait to see what the future brings for wee james and to meet little bean when he or she comes.

There were lots of other highlights of 2012, which I will not bore you with. But it has been a year of ups and downs but now that it is over I am looking to this year and i feel pretty good about it. I don't know what's going to happen, none of us do. I guess that's the thing about life, it is unpredictable and it's a pretty exciting mystery if you ask me. But whatever happens I hope that  2013 brings you everything you hope for and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment