Friday 27 April 2012

hey roomie

Two months ago Craig and I moved into our first home together. It is a wee one bedroom flat in the centre of town. It's quite small but for us it is perfect.
I can't believe how quickly time has passed since we moved. The first day was a bit mad, from me sobbing as I left my old room to the chaos of trying to get everything unpacked in the flat.
Also, the bedroom had to be painted that weekend so that we could get our new bed. It was mad. But (thianks to family members who we will be eternally grateful to) everything got done and on our first night there we sat in our living room and looked at each other with a smile. We said something like I can't believe this is ours and then curled up to sleep in the living room (we didn't have a bed yet) knowing that for us, this was the beginning of our lives together.
That last paragraph could be the opening of a Hollywood weepy film and I know you are probably reaching for a bucket right now, but don't worry it's not all mushy.
Moving in together is a change. Making decisions together can be, shall I say, challenging. Now Craig kept saying that deciding on the flat was the hard bit. I think he is wrong as it is the little decisions which can be most frustrating.
Like what cleaning products we needed- we couldn't agree. Actually it almost turned into world war 3 in the cleaning aisle in ASDA as I said:  "FINE, lets do it your way. Not that I would expect anything else." All the while brandishing a bottle of bleach like a sword. Actually, I have discovered that ASDA presents lots of situations where you can have stupid arguments. Just this week Craig said I couldn't buy pop tarts cause they are bad for me. This led to the wonderful "I AM NOT A CHILD" conversation (I did this as i stamped my feet cause I wanted pop tarts- turns out I am a child). I did get pop tarts in the end- all that wonderful breakfasty goodness!
Anyway I digress, we couldn't agree on where to put the toaster an we had one argument because Craig didn't believe I could paint the living room roof. ( I did paint it by the way and with two fabulous helpers my living room decorating kicks ass!)
Now these arguments seem silly but when you have just moved in together and everything is so stressful they can seem like the end of the world. However, I am pleased to report that now that the toaster has a home (in the place I wanted it, where Craig wanted to put it you couldn't even get bread in!!) and we have settled in living together is amazing. I love it. I love knowing we have a place that is ours where we can do what we want, I love knowing that when I finish work on a Monday and Tuesday (craig's days off) that I will go home and we will cook together and most of all I love knowing that I wont have to miss Crag at night, that whatever we are doing I get to wake up next to him in the morning.
So it is going well, although there is one issue we are having and that is relating to those four words.... you know what they are...

CLOSE THE CUPBOARD DOOR.
But more on that next time.
kisses
Fi
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment