Friday 3 February 2012

Buying a flat part 2



So in my last post I told you about searching for a flat. It was too long (that's what she said) so I am going to now continue the tale of buying a flat. And you will find out if we found the right one....
So buying a property is a very long process. You spend time trawling through properties for sale on line- I have no idea how people found homes pre Internet!!- you decide which ones tick your boxes. Location, size, cost and you will always have priorities for what you want.


Now location-wise we wanted city centre-ish, for size we were pretty much looking at anything, cost was as much as we could afford the mortgage and still have fun (so not much) and then there was our priorities. 


Now I know you are thinking I bet you two are a well oiled machine and you think with one mind, so you have the same priorities- WRONG! Craig, due to his profession was fussy about the kitchen and I wanted a reasonable size bedroom (nothing to do with my profession) and living room. Both of us wanted lots of storage. So basically instead of having one room we wanted a certain way we had ideas on how we wanted the whole flat to be. Now we just had to find it.


So I looked at the pretty flat pictures and then Craig looked at the home report and the conversations went like this: "Craig, i really like this one. Look how pretty it is.""Yes it is nice but it has wood boring insects so it's a no."
"We could keep them as pets?"
"No"
"Maybe if we ask them nicely they wont bore the wood once we move in."
"No"


Or they went


"Oooh look at this one, it is really nice and that room is purple"
"yes that room is purple but it is damp"
"Could we not just dry it with a hairdryer?"
"No"
"YOU RUIN ALL MY FUN!!"...


And so it continued. We went and saw a few flats. Some with kitchens so small we couldn't both get in them, others with big kitchens but a bedroom you couldn't get a double bed in (and despite my father's suggestions we are not getting bunk beds...)
One of my favourite ones I found was a 2 bedroom flat in a very nice part of town and it was in our budget. This never happens. So I called Craig and was like Ahhhh we need to go see it. After telling him about it he was like-  it must be too good to be true. I said:"no it isn't Mr grumpy."

Then I opened the floor plan and according to the layout the only way you could get into the living room was through the bathroom.This caused me great hilarity. Could you imagine? 
I am having a bath and Craig is in the living room and then he knocks on the door "Babe I need out the living room." Then I am like "No sorry having a bath," and he is stuck . Mwahahahaha!
I decided this must be a mistake by the solicitors so I called them to find out. Trying to hold back giggles I said, "Hi I am looking to enquire about flat xxx" and the woman went "oh Sorry I am afraid there is already an offer in on it" and hung up. SO I WILL NEVER KNOW! 
Ahh. . .I might pop round to the new owners and be like- can I use your toilet please?


But  after a number of viewings and considering all the options we have found the one. Yes, we have found a flat. It is beautiful and cute and now we are just waiting on everything to get sorted out. 
We are both very excited and now that we have chosen a flat comes the hard bit- agreeing on decorating. Has anyone got any purple paint?

Kisses 
Fi 
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment