Sunday 14 August 2011

This week at work


So, I had a very interesting week at work this week. I will not bore you with all of the details, but a few amusing things did happen to me.
At the start of the week, I was sent in search of a Scorpion. Yes a scorpion. I am not going to lie I was terrified! Basically, a scorpion had jumped out of a box of fruit at a local shop. When we found the story we did not know when this had happened. So I was terrified. . . armed with my camera I went off in search of the scorpion (I contemplated picking up a stick on the way so I could keep it back). Bravely I entered the shop, and looked around for the creature, I looked up too as I wasn't sure if scorpions could jump - I didn't want it landing on my head! However it soon became clear that the scorpion was long gone. Relieved I returned to the office and hoped that there would be no more creatures crawling around.
I then had to go out and take a photo at a local church, I arrived at the Church to find the main door open and walked into the main body of the church. It was quite dark and surrounded by pews I cautiously headed up the aisle looking for where I wanted to be. Now normally I do not think Churches are scary but there alone, in the dark with only candles, I was a little frightened. In fact I was doing this thing I do where I dictate my own news story in my head when in a bad situation. It went like this:
"A Young journalist was today missing from the Aberdeenshire area. It is believed she left the office at around 11 and was last seen entering an old church..." I had just reached the sob story about how wonderful and talented I was (No need to be modest when you are missing) when I was stopped in my tracks - 
"Hello," came a voice behind me and I got the fright of my life. "Oh God" I shouted and turned round to be faced with the vicar. Uh oh.
After apologising profusely for using the lords name in vain I found where I was going.
I would just like to point out that normally I really like being in churches, I find them calming and I do not really think they are a likely place for a crime scene. But you never know.
So those are a few of my adventures this week, at least I cant ever say my life is predictable.
I hope that this blog finds you all safe and well.
Kisses
Fi
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment